RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

From: Julian Scarlett <Julian.Scarlett@eden.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:21:32 +0100
To: "WAI Interest Group list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Andy

Just a few things -
it's not valid mark-up
you've hard coded an access key (I don't care what the central gov guidelines are - it's bad practice!)
you have a link with target=_blank attribute but don't warn the user
the skipnav is hidden so sighted keyboard users with css enabled can't use it (and it doesn't seem to take me past the navigation??)

Also, UK local gov sites are meant to be priority 2 compliant

Regards

J.

[Apologies for top-posting]