RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:22:54 +0100
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> In a perfect world, one would be able to navigate submenus
> with the cursor keys.  (Like OS menus.)
> But does anyone know of examples of navigation menus that are
> both fast (that is, does not require tabbing through menu sub
> items) and do not require submenu stationing pages?

The only accessibility product I have ever recommended for a client that
isn't from us:
http://www.udm4.com/

It even has the slight delay (like OS menus) when you mouse-out and come
back.

Apart from the in-escapable factors of drop-down/out menus (e.g. hiding
options), I haven't been able to fault it. Although, this is a tough
audience, maybe someone else will spot something ;)

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html