RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:34:11 +0100
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I actually am quite curious how that is done as they are LI
> but one does not have to tab through the sub-list items as is
> the case with typically LI+CSS menus.

I think it uses display none/block to hide/show, doesn't that take
sub-lists out of the tab order? They are using position:relative and
z-index, so it could be more complicated than that.

For the sub-menus to be available to the tab order (and screen readers)
you would need to move the text with position instead.

Cheers,

-Alastair