RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

Felix Matia wrote:
> Just as do WAG 1 and WAG 2, you seem to have omitted
> accessibility _Job 1_, legible text sizing.

wCag presumably?

> I count 44 instances of font-size. 17 of them set it to .65em, and 22
> .68em.

Luckily it doesn't trip your pet peeve of specifying less than 100%
font-size on the body.

> I don't know how you can sleep at night thinking this
> is accessible design

Presumably because those people who need bigger text can increase it,
and the site allows for that admirably.

Unfortunately you just won't get any traction for accessibility if the
design doesn't look good to those paying for it, who usually have
'normal' vision. That's why it has to be at least partially a user-agent
issue.

Admittedly I'd prefer a liquid (or at least elastic) layout, and perhaps
the UDM4 menus would help, but it's hardly a case for the "how you can
sleep at night" type language.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html