Re: WCAG 1.0 or 2.0?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:11:23 +0200
To: Anna.Yevsiyevich@kohls.com, "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:02:18 +0200, <Anna.Yevsiyevich@kohls.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am wondering if it would be better to comply with WCAG 2.0 or 1.0.
> Currently, the company I work for does not comply at all, and we're
> starting to work on that.  However, since 2.0 guidelines are not
> finalized
> yet, I am wondering if it would make business sense to comply with
> something that will/could change.
>
> Would you suggest that we start complying with 1.0 and then transition to
> 2.0?

I would suggest that. Apart from anything else, WCAG 1.0 is reasonably
clear on a lot of things, and a lot of people have experience working with
it, while WCAG 2.0 is a bit of a mess still (in my opinion). But you
should read both of them - ideally you would actually comply to the
strictest intersection of the two...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com