Re: Legal Precedent Set for Web Accessibility

From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:42:53 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 06/09/08 17:27 (GMT-0400) Michael S Elledge <elledge@msu.edu> apparently typed:

> there is a great deal of interest and support
> for making websites accessible in the university environment, where
> there are designers on staff (sunk cost) and legal, ethical and
> financial reasons to do it.

I haven't seen much evidence that this is true. I went looking among law school web sites last March. I looked at 16, mostly the well known variety. All but about 3 set text size that totally disregards user preferences,
mostly around 11px. The largest body text used by any of them was CSS small, on at most 3 of them IIRC.
--
"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409