RE: How do you deal with false claims of accessibility conformance?

From: Chris Harpin <chris@castus.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:03:43 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@listhub.w3.org>

>> they aren't that hard to apply at least to most governments and large
companies

>Really? And I don't wish to appear abrupt, but I just don't believe that.
>I do believe, as I am sure most of us do, that all governments should,
>by default, be stepping up to the plate to serve their clients (the
>public) and large corporations should also lead the way with models of
>best practice, accessible services etc.

I have to back Josh up on this one.

A study fairly recently highlighted the lack of regard for web accessibility
amongst the majority of the FTSE 100

www.nomensa.com/news/at-nomensa/2006/4/ftse-100-websites-fail-accessibility-
requirements.html

The quickest way to 'guide' these companies would be for Google to
incorporate the algorithm from its beta accessible search engine into the
one used main stream. Large corporations would probably move quicker if
profits became threatened than they would a court order.

Rgds
Chris