Re: hCard and hCalendar Formats

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:49:47 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:38:09AM -0400, Tighe K. Lory wrote:
>    http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard
>    http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar
>
>    This group is making a standard that is using span tags with html class
>    names, which worries me when it comes to accessibility.

Why? The point is that it is regular, accessible HTML. User agents (or
standard JavaScripts) which recognise the format can do extra things
with it.

>    Is the W3C working on a standard that can be used for this
>    purpose?

Why? hCard is a representation of vCard in HTML, and vCard is already
being developed as an Internet Standard through the IETF. The same
applies to hCalendar (iCalendar).