RE: Find as you type for navigation

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:10:58 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Accessys@smart.net

> I can't get firefox to open PDF files, it down loads and
> unpacks em and
> then leaves me with a grey screen....???

Welcome to the Firefox support mailing list...aeh... ;)

A reason for this could be that your Acrobat wants to run an
update, but the dialog box of the plugin magically pops under
your current browser window (leaving you to just see a grey
FF window). As the dialog box doesn't create a clickable tab in
the Windows taskbar etc, it's difficult to spot. I'd suggest
starting the standalone Acrobat application and checking if it
wants to run/install any updates, do it, then see if that solves
the FF issue.

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk