Accesskeys, was: RE: User friendly 404s reconsidered

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:56:01 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

John wrote:
> Finally, I've yet to locate the ALT key on a Mac keyboard...

Actually, on the UK versions (and others?) it's quite easy:
http://www.your-book.co.uk/keyboard/keyboard2.jpg
(it says alt above the strange looking double-line symbol next to cntl).

Not that I disagree about the accesskeys point at all. We have persuaded
several UK government organisations to avoid accesskeys. One actually
got penalised in the infamous league tables, but they stuck to their
guns.

Does anyone know why access keys were recommended in the mobile
guidelines?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-mobile-bp-20060627/#iddiv368943848
I have no idea how to use them on my phone!

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html