Re: [[css3-layout]] Accessibility issues and layout

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:47:52 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
CC: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

karl@w3.org wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a QA Review comment for "CSS3 Advanced Layout Module"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
> 2005-12-15
> 1st WD
>
> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
>
> We don't know if the WG has made the request for an accessibility review, but we were wondering if it could cause any accessibility problems. as reordering the flow of information inside the file and rendered on screen. If not done, please coordinate with WAI.

Not sure if we're meant to comment on this, but I'd say: it doesn't
cause an accessibility issue, *unless* the author is relying on a
particular visual positioning to suggest or create a relationship
necessary to the understanding of the content, but which is not present
in the original document itself (i.e. it doesn't make sense, or has a
different meaning altogether, with styles turned off).

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/