RE: Can AJAX find harmony on agency Web sites?

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:57:39 -0500
To: "Sailesh Panchang" <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> Also even many sighted users may be looking at the keyboard as they type
and
> not realize that AJAX has refreshed a part of the screen.

Just so we are all clear - this is nothing different than what happens
already in standard Windows, Java, Linux, etc. software applications.
There are events fired by the software application that the assistive
technology and user has to pay attention to.  The same thing will need to
happen in the AJAX web world of things.  That is what the PFWG is working
on specifying.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Worldwide Accessibility Center