From: Yeliz Yesilada <yesilady@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:07:13 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

(This CFP is being sent to many mailing lists.  Apologies for
multiple copies that you may receive.)

The Third International Cross-Disciplinary Workshop on Web
Accessibility (W4A 2006)

'Building the Mobile Web: Rediscovering Accessibility?'

Located at the Fifteenth International World Wide Web Conference (WWW
May 22, 2006, in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

    Monday 20th March 2006 23:59 Hawaii Standard Time
    Tuesday 21st March 2006 10:00 GMT

* The workshop proceedings will be published as part of the ACM
International Conference Proceedings Series and will be available at
the ACM Digital Library.
* Selected papers will be invited to submit a revised version for
consideration for a special issue of the Springer Journal - Universal
Access in the Information Society (UAIS). These papers will go
through an additional reviewing process to ensure quality.

Topics and Content
We invite submissions for W4A 2004 addressing our current theme of
'Building the Mobile Web: Rediscovering Accessibility?'.

Topics of interests include (but are not limited to):
* Advances in Mobile Web technologies;
* Design and best practice to support the Mobile Web and accessibility:
* Technological advances to support web accessibility;
* End user tools;
* Accessibility and Mobile Web guidelines, best practice, evaluation
techniques, and tools;
* Psychology of end user experiences and scenarios;
* Innovative techniques to support accessibility;
* Universally accessible graphical design approaches;
* Design Perspectives;
* Adapting existing web content;
* Accessible graphic formats and tools for their creation.

Submission and Important Dates
We will accept both position and technical papers. Position papers
should only be in short paper format whereas technical papers can be
in short or long paper format. In addition to the technical session,
this year we are introducing a NEW best practice session. We
encourage authors to submit concise technical papers between 8 and 12
pages. Short papers and position papers should not exceed 4 pages.
Please submit documents via the workshop website. All style files can
be found at:

Simon Harper, Yeliz Yesilada, and Carole Goble