Re: Cascading Style Sheets for web accessibility

From: Anthony Ettinger <aettinger@sdsualumni.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 22:59:29 -0800
To: "Adaptive Technology International" <ati3@sympatico.ca>
Cc: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On 3/3/06, Adaptive Technology International <ati3@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have found out that, some web sites which are designed in  Cascading Style
> Sheets (CSS)are accessible and easy to navigate.
> Now, my questions are:
> 1. How much the CSS based sites are more accessible compare to the web sites
> designed in HTML?rip ou

The simple semantic html markup can be displayed on just about device.
The goal is to strip out presentational markup (like table layouts)
and move them into css. Performance is boosted because css is cached,
and your pages don't have to download huge table structures, greatly
reducing bandwidth and increasing page rendering.

Yes, I would say so. read the www.w3.org/WAI explanation.

> 3. Is the Cascading Style Sheets would b easy to learn by blind person?

Not sure about this one...it may be difficult for someone of poor site
to see the effects of css.

www.w3.org/TR/CSS21

--
Anthony Ettinger