Accessible SVG?

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:19:01 -0500
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Greetings.

I understand that the SVG standard includes mechanisms to explicitly address accessibility.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/

1)  Are there any user agents (i.e., screen readers) that take advantage of these features?

2)  Assume the answer to the above is null, can anyone recommend tools for evaluating the theoretical accessibility of specific SVG files?  My current protocol, which is admittedly primitive, consists of opening the raw code with a text editor and removing all tags.

Thanks!
Bruce Bailey
ED OCIO Assistive Technology Program