Re: Accesskeyus interruptus: another real-world case

UB Access implemented essentially this functionality (although using a
server-side proxy - this was before the days of userJS/Greasemonkey and
other simple extension mechanisms).

There are two fundamental problems with accesskeys. One is that the
specification implicitly gives bad advice to authors, and the other is
that it gives bad advice to implementors.

Unfortunately, so far many authors have followed that advice, and at least
two major implementors (Explorer and Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox). There are
simple ways of implementing accesskeys, and making existing code more or
less work (as Gez said, there are limits to what you can do with things
which also have other errors, of course), and fixing the specifications.
But actually doing that is another thing. (Unfortunately I spent the last
few days with no connectivity to speak of, which got in the way of my
fulfilling a commitment to pick this up in a place that might help. More
fun for my weekend... :| )

cheers

Chaals

--