Re: Google Adsense code is not valid and not accessible

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:19:05 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 1/28/06, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > The rules of affiliate program doesn't allow to modify code in pages, =
> > so.. How can I do?
>
> Pragmatically, I would say that if the degraded version is no more of a
> bar to accessibility of the primary content than the fully functional
> version, you should consider it to part of Google's site, rather than
> yours, and only consider the accessibility implications of having adverts
> at all.  If the advertiser or Google has compromised the accessibility
> of their advertising, without affecting your content, it is their problem.

Unfortunately many checkers assume that because there's a <script>
element in the source that there has to be a <noscript> element, this
is completely at variance to reality, indeed noscript is more likely
an indication of in-accessibility, as it means the author hasn't
considered that their script might fail.

I expect this is the problem the OP is having, and it should be a
reason to pick another accessibility tool.

Cheers,

Jim.