Re: Where's Bobby? Are we left with Cynthia?

From: David Clark <david.clark@umb.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:51:48 -0500
To: Martin Stehle <pewtah@snafu.de>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Martin,

> > If one feels the need to display a "badge", aren't WCAG A, AA, And
> > AAA the most informative and "impartial"?
>
> For who? "Claims are not verified by W3C" you can read on e.g.
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1AAA-Conformance
>
> And: the scope of the icon? For the whole site? Or for the single
> page? And: In WCAG there are no test guidelines, so putting the WCAG
> icon is based on a subjective decision.

Not sure I understand your question/point --- use of the Bobby
Approved icon always had the same limitations and provisions -- its
display was always just as subjective.\

Looking back -- (10 years ago this summer) use of the word approved
was an unintentional mistake -- it gave Bobby a level of authority (to
the casual observer) that we never desired to have .

--
dc

ps: all opinions expressed are mine, and mine alone.