Re: Where's Bobby? Are we left with Cynthia?

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:40:44 -0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Personally I am glad to see Bobby go.

So often I have been in to see a new client and all they are concerned
about is making sure they their site adheres to the Bobby 'standard'.
When you strat to talk to them about it is obvious that they have never
heard of the W3C or WCAG.

Also, they will show you other similar sites that they like and I
usually find the sites will have the little Bobby logo, but then when
you start digging in many cases either only the home page is accessible
or the site has only passed the automated tests, but failed the manual
check.

Hopefully with Bobby gone, website owners and developers will start to
think a bit more deeply about website accessibility and what is
involved.
--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker