Re: software application assessment tools

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:36:06 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I think the question is about software - not web based - applications.
Software, as in Windows or Java or what ever platform - other than Web
applications that run in a browser.  This is probably outside the normal
topic of this list, but none the less related to accessibility.

On the Windows platform, other than ATs (such as Jaws scripting functions)
and using people who have disabilities to do usability testing, I use
tools such as:
- MSAA utilities such as Inspect Objects, and Event monitor
        see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msaa/msaaccgd_62yb.asp
but I don't consider any of these "automated", they don't crawl like some
of the Web assessment tools mentioned.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Worldwide Accessibility Center