RE: Use of pre-compilated text-fields in forms

I just received an email from Geoff Stephens (thanks!) that sheds some
light on what I have observed:

Geoff wrote:
"The reason for this behaviour with JAWS is that if JAWS' Forms Mode is
not
enabled and the user moves to a form field and enables forms Mode, the
text
is not cleared.  However, if forms Mode is already active and user tabs
form field and enters text then the selected value is cleared just as
with
normal browser behaviour."

I observed the behaviour when the user moved through the page content to
a simple search form (one of those that is quite often found in the top
right corner of web pages).

thanks again Geoff!

regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
vision australia - information & library service
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: steven.faulkner@nils.org.au
www.accessibleinfo.org.au | www.wat-c.org

Download the Web Accessibility Toolbar
[http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ais/toolbar/]

Vision Australia was formed through the merger of the Royal Blind
Society
NSW, the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind, Vision Australia
Foundation and the National Information & Library Service.
ABN: 67 108 391 831  ACN: 108 391 831

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com