RE: Use of pre-compilated text-fields in forms

Laboo wrote:
> I would like to specify code of required elements in textfield:
> <input name="textfield" type="text" value="word">

Are you sure about that? The HTML4.01 spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#edef-INPUT) says (re
input element attributes):

value = cdata [CA]
    This attribute specifies the initial value of the control. It is
optional except when the type attribute has the value "radio" or "checkbox".

This indicates to me that value is not a required attribute as far as the
spec is concerned.

Colin Lieberman
IT Manager
Disability Rights Advocates
2001 Center Street, Third Floor
Berkeley, California  94704-1204

510 665 8644 x.134 (Tel)
510 665 8716 (TTY)
510 665 8511 (Fax)

I would like to specify code of required elements in textfield:

<input name="textfield" type="text" value="word">

thanks

Laboo
Roberto Federico
info@laboo.it