Re: Site Maps and nested navigation

From: Terrence Wood <tdw@funkive.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:51:15 +1300
To: "'WAI-IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On 8 Dec 2005, at 11:20 AM, Rebecca Cox wrote:
> I agree - vast lists not a good thing. However, if you have to use
> them, and also have to present them as dropdown menus, have you looked
> at UDM?
>
> See http://www.udm4.com/

UDM is the nicest js menu around.... biggest problem is, apart from not
working in Opera (the onfocus doesn't fire), how do you let users know
how to use it (using arrow keys is not obvious)?

And it still doesn't solve the issue of page weight due to having the
site map load with every page.

Drop down menu's - just avoid them.

kind regards
Terrence Wood.