RE: Noscript equivalent for clearing default text input values

From: Julian Scarlett <Julian.Scarlett@eden.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:49:27 -0000
To: "David Dorward" <david@us-lot.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Ah, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I was trying to say that
> if JavaScript degrades gracefully, then you shouldn't need to
> mention it at all. No, <noscript>, just nothing.

Forgive my ignorance but I rarely use client-side scripting so it's not been an issue for me before but doesn't the lack of <noscript> go against WCAG1 checkpoints? I've always been under the impression that <noscript> was required for all javascript but maybe not so long as it's device independent. Yes/no?

 Security System on behalf of Eden District Council . For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com