type attribute (Re: Site Maps and nested navigation)

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:12:41 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:53:05AM -0500, Elizabeth J. Pyatt wrote:

> As far as using lists go, I actually use HTML (vs. XHTML) because I
> feel  that when XHTML  got rid of the TYPE= tag, it opened up the
> door for potential accessibility issue.

Not that I want to encourage the use of XHTML, but the type
attribute[1], was deprecated and relegated to the Transitional
Doctypes in HTML 4, and remained in the Transitional doctype of XHTML
1.0 (which is a silly language to use on the WWW), and lets not bother
talking about XHTML 1.1 (which is an insane language to use on the
WWW).

[1] Not a tag. Its an attribute.