Re: 4.2 WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint

From: Gautier Barrere <barrere@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:55:16 +0100
To: "Mark D. Urban" <docurban@nc.rr.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi !

  So  in my mind, if you are giving the definition of the acronym, then
> noting the acronym, that is (at least in English) common usage. It also
> provides a definition the first time the acronym appears, as the guideline
> requires. So my opinion is that you have met the requirement.

It's my opinion too, but I was not sure.

 One question though  why are you opposed to adding the ACRONYM tag?

>  I'm definitely not opposed to adding the ACRONYM tag, but if I put "the
definition of the acronym in my text + tle ACRONYM tag", maybe it's like
provide redundant information for people who use special interfaces (like
vocal interface, braille interface, ...)
 Gautier.