Re: WAI compliant CMS

Matthew Smith wrote:

>As yet, I haven't found anything that I really like "out of the box"
>but, as time allows, I am playing around with Drupal[1] and think that
>this only needs minor tweaks.  Drupal is the only CMS with which I have
>been at all happy.  Had I the time, or if a client had a requirement, I
>would be inclined to write something myself.

I agree with this, but try adding a lot of modules and building a
feature rich web site and your start to see Drupal buckle under the
load, IMHO.

>>From my experience with Wordpress - and I think that this would apply to
> "normal" CMS as well - apart from a few patches that I have written[2],
>the biggest hinderance to accessibility has been in the themes/templates
>rather than the base code.  This is something that can be addressed
>without having to pull the programme apart.

I think there needs to be a very clear definition here between a true
CMS that does have proper workflow features for an organisation
hierarchy and those that are for blogging.  Admittedly a lot of people
use WordPress, Movable Type and Texttile in this way, but I don't think
they have the feature set that really qualify them as enterprise CMSs,
even though they do a lot of things much better than the larger CMSs.

Regards
Geoff Deering