Re: Seeking a Forum for Basic HTML Learning: Problem with the Textarea Tag

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 11:22 -0500, RAJIV SHAH wrote:
> I am not sure whether this is the proper list for posting such a
> question

Probably not. The comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html newgroup springs
to mind as an alternative.

> but I am having a problem with the receipt of text
> being sent via the textarea tag via a form sent using an
> individual's E-mail client.

As you say you are using the reader's email client, I'm assuming you are
using a mailto: URI.

   [The action] attribute specifies a form processing agent. User agent
behavior
   for a value other than an HTTP URI is undefined.
            -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

HTML doesn't define how mailto: URIs should be handled, and client
support is variable (often non-existent, and often buggy when supported
at all).

Use an HTTP URI with a server side form handler to process forms.

--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."