Re: ATAG compliant tools

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:03:52 +0100
To: zara <catherine.roy@w3qc.org>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:31:43 +0100, zara <catherine.roy@w3qc.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a reliable listing of ATAG compliant
> authoring tools or could give me a few names of tools that are known to
> be ATAG compliant.

If you mean conforming to something like double-A, I am pretty sure the
reliable list is empty, although there are quite a lot of tools that make
a good stab at most of triple-A conformance, failing a few points at every
level.

So you end up looking for something that meets your particular profile of
needs (which is how I went from Authoring tools to EARL, many years ago).
There are at least some conformance evaluations (pretty variable quality,
and I don't know of anyone doing a new one in the last year or so) at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2002/tools

cheers

chaals

--