Re: acronym and abbreviation markup - insert full stops??

In real-life usage, most people consider this an acronym, though some
might sit back and think, hmmm, looks like an abbreviation to me. I
don't know of mark-up for initialisms, so the choice seems to be to not
do anything or to use <acronym>. Getting non-technical users to insert
proper codes for content is difficult enough without adding a debate
about semantics.