Re: acronym and abbreviation markup - insert full stops??

From: Kassia Krozser <ktwice@pandemic.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:46:56 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

In real-life usage, most people consider this an acronym, though some
might sit back and think, hmmm, looks like an abbreviation to me. I
don't know of mark-up for initialisms, so the choice seems to be to not
do anything or to use <acronym>. Getting non-technical users to insert
proper codes for content is difficult enough without adding a debate
about semantics.