RE: Accessibility for Deaf/Dumb

From: John Colby <John.Colby@uce.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:36:35 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Avatars, yes, a possibility, but of which dialect of signing? As I
understand it BSL has dialects (for want of a better expression) There
is an ASL avatar system, but that language is nowvere near as well
understood over here as BSL

John Colby
Lecturer, Department of Computing, The Business School,
Room F328a, Feeney Building, University of Central England,
Franchise Street, Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU
Tel: +44 (0) 121 331 6937
Essential Website - http://essential.tbs.uce.ac.uk