Re: longdesc

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:41:13 +0200, Antony Tennant
<antonytennant@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
> Does anyone know how well the longdesc is supprted.

It is generally supported by extensions - there is an Opera script that
adds a link if you want it, and I believe there is something similar for
IE. In Mozilla you can get the link in the properties, and then copy/paste
it to follow - I am not sure if the Opera script was written to work in
Mozilla too, but it may have been.

iCab has good native support, but it is a marginal browser.

> I have a requirement to have a screenshot of a webpage as an image with
> lines pointing to different sections explaining what they are. I feel
> this is a case for having a text alternative in addition to the alt.

I think you are correct that something more than an alt would be useful in
this case.

Cheers

Chaals

--