From: Antony Tennant <antonytennant@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:41:13 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Does anyone know how well the longdesc is supprted.
2 extracts from W3C
"For user agents that don't support "longdesc", provide a description link as well next to the graphic:"
"Invisible d-links are deprecated in favor of the "longdesc" attribute."
I have a requirement to have a screenshot of a webpage as an image with lines pointing to different sections explaining what they are. I feel this is a case for having a text alternative in addition to the alt.