Re: Complex Tables and the TH element

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:22:06 -0400
To: "Terrence Wood" <tdw@funkive.com>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Terrence,

The WCAG test suite has a couple of tests that apply to layout tables. These
have not been accepted by the group but there is some support for them:

Test 114 - All layout tables have an empty summary or no summary.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test114.html

Test 115 - All layout tables do not contain caption elements.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test115.html

Test 137 - All layout tables do not contain TH elements.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test137.html

Try to avoid using layout tables. Use CSS instead.

Cheers,
Chris