Re: Exploding the myth of automated accessibility checking

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:18:51 +0200
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
CC: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>

> It's quite a devastating analysis and calls into question the WCAG
> Working Group's interest in making as many guidelines as possible
> machine-checkable.

Thank you Joe and Gez.

We also need to remember that Human testing is not always the same as
user testing...

I was asking someone about the new working draft, and they asked me if
the orentaion and focus pf WCAG has  changed the help the emphasis  was
towards helping the designed at the expense of the perspective of
disabled user . I am not saying I agree but I think we need to think
about it.

Checklist type testability is really useful for the designer. User
testing on the other hand focuses the user.

All the best
Lisa