Re: Exploding the myth of automated accessibility checking

Wendy Chisholm wrote:

> The 30 June 2005 Working Draft of WCAG 2.0 says, "The Working Group
> believes that all success criteria should be testable. Tests can be done
> by computer programs or by people who understand this document.

I'd say the core problem here lies with the "or" in that last sentence.
It implies that *all* tests can be done by *either* a computer *or* a
person. You would probably want something more along the lines of:
"Carrying out the entire series of tests will require people who
understand this document. However, some (or even "a small subset of")
tests can be automated / performed by computer programs."

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com