RE: CSS and accessibility

Dear Elizabeth,

At 19:32 8/08/2005, Elizabeth J. Pyatt wrote:

>Terry Dean wrote
>>That page has 74 validation errors which doesn't help either.
>>http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/accessibility/css.html
>>Terry
>
>Most of which are because I have to use ACRONYM instead of the "desired"
>ABBR which is not consistently supported across all browsers (I checked).

Most of the errors have nothing to do with the choice of the acronym
element but with misspelling the element name (acronymn) and omitting end
tags. And I don't think that
     <acronym title="C S S">CSS</acronym>
     <acronym title="C S S"></acronym>
     <acronymn title="open tag">&lt;</acronym>
are examples of the intended use.
Regards,

Christophe

--