Re: CSS and accessibility

--

I agree that caution should be used in equating CSS with
accessibility - you can create inaccessible (but valid) CSS as easily

But there are some tangible benefits including:
a. better margin control than you can get with plain HTML - no more
text running to the side
b. ability to increase line spacing for readability.
c. the ability to create rollover links without javascript - screen
readers see these as "regular" links
d. control some aspects of layout without HTML TABLE's (I did finally
realize that screen readers announce all tables in advance, even the
layout tables)

In fact, the Penn State accessibility Website has a page on just this issue
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/accessibility/css.html

And reducing the amount of HTML clutter with CSS reduces download
times of pages, which does benefit everyone.

Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.

210 Rider Building II