Re: [WSG] implicit / explicit labels which is better?

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:57:53 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
CC: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>>  However, once a form control is labelled (implicitly or explicitly)
>> does UAAG guideline 7 apply? Following OS conventions?
>
> Sure, why wouldn't it?

That was my understanding as well, just wanted confirmation...reading
UAAG (which I'm admittedly unfamiliar with) it almost sounded as if 7
applied exclusively to the user agent's interface ("chrome", dialogs,
etc), leaving out the web content that is presented.

Cheers,

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/