"Quoting" controls accessibly?

From: Rose, Jacob <jrose@lgb-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:26:59 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

My team is currently writing manuals for our web-based application. My question is, given that these manuals are web-based, too, how should we include screenshots?

One thought I had was to excerpt static application HTML, but it occurs to me that this might cause confusing over which controls are actually part of the manual page (for instance "previous" and "next" section controls) versus those which are included to illustrate the text (and are non-functional).

Any suggestions/pointers welcome!

Thanks!
Jacob

--