Re: WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 10.4

John,

I agree with you if that were the only concern.  Lots of environments
out there do not support the title attribute in this way if at all
for one thing so it wouldn't matter.  We still have the issue though
where many people are using interfaces for one reason or another and
in combinations that require a place holder set in order to identify
the edit field.

--
Jonnie Apple Seed
With His:

On Jul 12, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Jon Gibbins (dotjay) wrote:

Quoting David Poehlman (via Patrick H. Lauke):

> [...] but if there is nothing in the blank, braille cannot be
> put there by any software. [...]

This is an interesting discussion.

I'd still maintain that software could do more here. A title attribute
or equivalent could be useful in providing extra info here, so could the
software not check for such info?

If such information such as David describes is useful, there must be a
better way to provide that info that via placeholder text.

jon.