RE: Complex table

Hi all,

Many thanks for your feedbacks, especially to David Bach for the XHTML
file.

So far, I received three valuable inputs from all of you:
1. To break the table into three different tables, as suggested by David
Dorward
2. To use theader, tbody and tfoot, as suggested by Sebastiano
3. To use a combination other elements, as suggested by David Balch.
Some data can be rendered using other elements because they are not part
of the tabular data.

I also found a resource at
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.4 that also covers
similar issue.

However, I have one more question.
On the previous email, I asked on rendering table with headers that are
spanned across different data columns.
Now, how should I create the table if the data cell spans across two or
more columns (refer to table.png attached)?
I tried to create such table in HTML (refer to table.htm attached). Is
the way I created the table correct?

Many thanks,
Budy Harnata