Re: Pop ups

From: Bryce Fields <bryce.fields@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:27:06 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:12:36 +0100, Alice Good <Alice.Good@port.ac.uk> wrote:

> Could anyone confirm whether html of a web page will indicate if the
> page contains pop-ups?
>
> many thanks

Via markup alone, one would look for an anchor element w/ a target of
something other than "_self", "_top", or "_parent".  Otherwise (and
more commonly), the spawned window would be accomplished via
JavaScript or some other client-side scripting language.  One would
check embedded scripts, included scripts, and event handlers for
"window.open()" methods.

Not sure about embedded objects like Flash, etc., but I'm willing to
bet the potential is there also.
--
Bryce Fields, Webmaster
Where I Work: Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

"Do or do not! There is no try!" -- Yoda