Re: Serving XHTML as XML

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:30:07 GMT
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Jesper,

> Nice if someone could report some problems caused by "XHTML as XML" on
> or off list, so I can start experimenting with ways to solve them.
> Comments and suggestions are also welcome.

The big problem you are going to have particularly with more
sophisticated designs is that the line <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="utf-8"?> Throws IE into 'Quirks mode' which tends to mess up
designs.

I don't have any examples to hand, but if you google for 'IE quirks
mode' you should throw up some more info.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom