From: "Tina Holmboe" <tina@greytower.net>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On 18 Feb, david poehlman wrote:

> but which jaws its self reports as a link to go to the home page.  If
> it is a link, it should be a link, if it is an action it should be a
> button, if it is a reference it should be a link. I have no issue at

  I am still - if less and less eagerly - waiting for someone to come up
  with a palatable explanation as to why a link should be turned into a
  form, presumably complete with multiple hidden controls, because the
  appropriate link text contains a verb.

  If

    View a version of this document all over again but this time with
    the list of addresses sorted according to the phone number</a>

  should be better written as

   <form action="/foo/bar.cgi" method="GET">
    <input type="hidden" name="sortOrder" value="phone">
    <input type="submit" name"submit"
           value="View a version of this document all over again but
                  this time with the list of addresses sorted according
                  to the phone number">
   </form>

  then something is indeed rotten in Denmark.

   [+46] 0708 557 905