Re: Colours and Colour Blindness

From: Mike Brown <mike@signify.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:32:19 +1300
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

For all the "normally-sighted" people on the list, here's a really good
example of a page that uses red and green to distinguish items.

http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/

I understand that the "Y" is green and the "N" red, and that the
difference is quite clear to most people. I'm red/green colour-blind and
find it almost impossilbe to tell a difference - with a good 19" monitor
in good light.

This is the best example I've come across of a "genuine", as opposed to
"test-case", page where the use of colour makes a huge difference to the
usability of the page for me.

In all seriousness, I think it should be left exactly as is as a good
example!

Regards

Mike Brown