Re: looking for an accessible data table:

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:55:04 +0000
To: 'wai-ig list' <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
CC: 'William R Williams' <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>

Access Systems wrote:

> but this is rendered horribly in LYNX using emacspeak.
>
> it is title, then long lines of numbers with no rationale form or pattern
> that can be decerned

But that's a problem with LYNX, not with the markup...and I can't really see
how the structure of that table can be changed in any legal way to make
LYNX like it any better.

> in LYNX there are no rows or columns just a mess of raw datum

However, the markup is unequivocal in its structure. Again, it's a problem
with LYNX.

> but LYNX is a popular TEXT web browser and it is current not obsolete
> tech.

As popular as it may be, it's obviously not the right tool to handle even
the most structurally well formed large data table, unfortunately.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com