RE: looking for an accessible data table:

From: ADAM GUASCH <ADAM.GUASCH@EEOC.GOV>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:56:27 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>

>Other than that omission, JAWS reads this table perfectly. That amazes
me; I
>have assumed up until now, that that you should use TH (with/without
scope)
>OR use headers/id markup, but not both. This uses both and it works
well -
>for JAWS.

How well would this table work if instead of using id/headers, it used
tbody and scope="rowgroup"?

I just edited the table to do that, and also inserted th scope="row"
for the row headers as you suggested, and posted it at:

http://66.39.122.100/test/summary-table.html

I didn't touch the CSS, so the row headers look bad, but that's an easy
fix and irrelevant to the question.

Would you be willing to check it and see how it compares?