RE: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:11:17 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Behalf Of Pawson, David

> dp. How might it be described if I write
> get to the target of this lnk</a>
>
> Is that a skip? Surely the content of element is for local
> use? It can be
> very helpful, or of little use. Specifying that it always
> should contain
> a specific word is hardly in the spirit of SGML markup? Table
> of contents? Click here?
> Its author options again.

David,

sorry, but you lost me. What *are* we discussing here? I
thought we were debating the concept of "skip" links (regardless
of the exact wording), and not whether or not we should set a
standard phrase or set of words (and then what, hardcode it into
browsers to look for it?)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford