Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On 14 Feb, david poehlman wrote:

> We need to work toward standards compliance.  Te screen readers sould
> not and increasingly they do not and some never did need "skip" to
> anything.

  I don't quite follow. The closest we come, today, to a standard is
  what WCAG states about ways to allow an UA to go directly to the main
  content of a document.

  So a "skip to"* link seems quite appropriate, does it not?

 *
  The exact phrasing is, of course, not something either WAI-IG OR the
  WAI should concern them/ourselves with. It depends both on the context
  and on the language used - not something for us to deal with.

   [+46] 0708 557 905